We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

"There's something I haven't told you: I go bell-ringing on Wednesday nights"

Milton's been over to Epiphany to see whether or not the network points he's ordered have been installed. Imagine his embarassment when he set off the burglar alarm.

Imagine his further embrassment when he realised that he could have walked through the hole in the wall without setting off the alarm.

"Even as we speak somebody is pouring concrete in the hole," he tells me.

He always was an optimist.

4 comments:

Lavinia said...

I had no idea that libraries were such a hotbed of scandal, controversy and decadence.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Only on us good days

Anonymous said...

I've been there and I can confirm that there is a whiff of decadence in the air. Especially on Fridays.

Kevin Musgrove said...

It was all Lierace and Jimmy Durante impressions today.

It occurs to me that I can't do an impression of anybody who's not been dead thirty years.