I, in turn, have to nominate a short list of people.
The choice is tricky because there are a lot of interesting places out there written by talented people. This struck me last weekend when I made the mistake of buying a copy of The Grauniad. The quality of the articles in the supplement sections compared badly with the blogosphere.
Here's my very short list then:
- Ellis Nadler's Sketchbook is a wonderfully varied collection of his sketches, cartoons and workings-out. Good draughtsmanship, a sense of humour and a skill for the macabre, it's well worth a look.
- Gorilla Banana's "The Japing Ape" is a safe laugh; if his observations of the human condition doesn't get you then the commentary from his rather peculiar audience will.
- No Good Boyo provides us with an almost definitive account of middle-aged-blokedom. Anyone with a good degree in Bat Maintenance and Ruthenian Studies can't be all bad.
- The Topiary Cow's blog is a gentle meander through life. There's a lot of pudding in there lately, which suggests that somebody needs a holiday.
- And if you work in a library you have to nod to The Librarian's Guide To Etiquette.
Apologies to those I don't nominate this time; please don't think badly of me! I could easily have listed a few dozen.