We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Almost as good as Readers' Digest's Big Prize Draw

Blog awardThat nice man Can Bass 1 has nominated me for a prize, which is very gratifying. I'm constantly amazed by the responses I get from the readership of what is, essentially, a sad old man's prolonged whinge about his workplace.

I, in turn, have to nominate a short list of people.

The choice is tricky because there are a lot of interesting places out there written by talented people. This struck me last weekend when I made the mistake of buying a copy of The Grauniad. The quality of the articles in the supplement sections compared badly with the blogosphere.

Here's my very short list then:
  1. Ellis Nadler's Sketchbook is a wonderfully varied collection of his sketches, cartoons and workings-out. Good draughtsmanship, a sense of humour and a skill for the macabre, it's well worth a look.

  2. Gorilla Banana's "The Japing Ape" is a safe laugh; if his observations of the human condition doesn't get you then the commentary from his rather peculiar audience will.

  3. No Good Boyo provides us with an almost definitive account of middle-aged-blokedom. Anyone with a good degree in Bat Maintenance and Ruthenian Studies can't be all bad.

  4. The Topiary Cow's blog is a gentle meander through life. There's a lot of pudding in there lately, which suggests that somebody needs a holiday.

  5. And if you work in a library you have to nod to The Librarian's Guide To Etiquette.


Apologies to those I don't nominate this time; please don't think badly of me! I could easily have listed a few dozen.

9 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Why, thank you!

Cow is flattered and humbled at being included in your list...

(Cow hoping to include rather less pudding and rather more holidays soon)

Moo!

Anonymous said...

You didn't include "The Good Library Blog" then?

Kevin Musgrove said...

Ms Cow: No problem. Your turn now!

emu: No I did not!!!

Lavinia said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award!

Mrs Pouncer said...

Kevin, you are BRAVE! Calling Boyo middleaged, and in public, and in PRINT. Oh, Kevvers ...

(I am home on a 24 hour pass.)

Kevin Musgrove said...

Thanks you Lavinia!

Mrs. P. - I didn't say that Boyo necessarily is middle-aged. He could be conducting some sort of mass observation exercise.

Can Bass 1 said...

Ah, how gratifying to have been the cause of such confusion!

Can Bass 1 said...

PS: Who is this 'boyo' character? Sounds a bit shifty to me.

Kevin Musgrove said...

On your own head be it, cb!