We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oh God, it's this tagging business!

Lise, at Team Robinson, has tagged me, which leads me to panic a bit because I've never bothered to gen up on the social rules of the blogosphere (self-evident statement, really). Let's see if I can get this right without blowing my anonymity...

What were you doing ten years ago?
The same job, though in a better state of mental health.
I'd just failed to buy a terraced house round the corner and had started the process of buying this palatial mansion in its stead.

Five things on (tomorrow's) to-do list:
1. Remember to keep a medical appointment first thing.
2. Hope to catch a glimpse of the attractive lady on the train into work without creeping the poor woman out in the process.
3. Edit at least two web pages and submit them for approval.
4. Finish writing some notes that I've been promising Milton for a month.
5. See if I can fix the last 920 indexing glitches in part of the title database.

What are three of your bad habits?
1. Biting my nails. It ruins my socks.
2. Talking to lamp-posts.
3. Thinking everybody I'm talking to knows who Henry Kendall was.

What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Feel guilty.

What are some snacks you enjoy?
I'm a fat middle-aged bloke; I've had to give up crisps and peanuts. Leaves me with pistachios, olives, licorice and sesame seed snaps.

What were the last five books you read?
The Dick Tracy Dailies and Sunday Comics Volume 4 - I'm interested in comics history
Showcase Batman Volume 3 - catching the comics I didn't catch when I was back-collecting and probably wouldn't want to afford now
The History of Pugachev by Aleksander Puschkin - a splendidly readable history nicely translated
The Rise of the Indian Rope Trick by Peter Lamont - dry, funny and very well-researched
The Mind of Mr. J.G. Reader by Edgar Wallace - a re-reading of an old favourite; Wallace was the master of the laconic one-liner

What are five jobs you have had?
Museum cataloguer
Welfare benefits adviser
Consumer rights adviser
Librarian for a national charity
Supervising a team of long-term unemployed people (interesting job in the context of my current environment: my success was measured by the proportion of the team who left and got better jobs and/or completed the most parts of a training and career development plan)

Five places that you have lived?
Greater Manchester
Nottinghamshire
Another bit of Greater Manchester
West Midlands
Yet another bit of Greater Manchester


Anyone who wants to be tagged, well, you're tagged.

6 comments:

Mrs Pouncer said...

What does any of this mean?

librarylizzie said...

oh my god...do you sneak into my house and read the pile of books at my husband's side of the bed?

(that's my current husband, btw, not the one I left behind in Oldham, when I ran away to Sale.)

Kevin Musgrove said...

Mrs. P: I've no idea, I'm just guessing as I go along.

Lise: I should wean him off it if I were you! (-:

Kevin Musgrove said...

Lavinia: sorry for losing your comment, I had an ohno-moment. )-:

Lavinia said...

That's okay, nothing I say is of any importance anyway..

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow finds this all very interesting.

Moo!