We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Every day is a picnic

Policy Team have decamped to who knows where for a strategy meeting.
"Who's in charge?"
asks Seth, just as Mary wanders in to do something or other to make herself almost but not quite as late for the meeting as T.Aldous.
"Is it you?"

"No, I'm going out now."

"It must be Maisie then," he says, winking at Maisie.

"Certainly not. Frog is in charge."

This comes as a surprise, again, to Frog. Luckily he's empowered and informed to take the helm should an emergency occur. Mid-afternoon he has to go out to Senebene Library for an after-school club so he has to pass the helm to me. The power immediately goes to my head and I decide to exercise the old-school librarian's right to droit de seigneur.
"Send me a virgin for to deflower!"
I tell the staff.

It turns out that I'm the only one in the building.

No comments: