We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Christmas came early for me

I'd promised myself that once the thermometer in my office reached blood temperature I'd be going home. As it is, much to my delight I have found a fan.

I was digging out the emergency Davey lamp for Bronwyn when I discovered it. (Bronwyn needed the lamp for stock editing purposes.) I've now set up the fan and am enjoying the benefits of an occasional waft of hot socks-y breeze.

I've given it a week before some bugger steals it out of my office.

2 comments:

the.effing.librarian said...

my office is so cold that I wear a hat.. the difference between indoors and outside is about 20 degrees (F).

Kevin Musgrove said...

Ah, the wonders of American air conditioning... I remember the first time I went to visit a friend's workplace in the States, there was me in my best Graham Greene colonial linens, huddled in a corner blowing on my fingers.