We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, July 14, 2008

A date stamp and a pompadour

Jim shows me the draft work plan for the 2008/10 phase of the Library Service's Five Year Plan and asks me for comments, so long as they don't include any references to The Glorious People's Reference Librarians' Beetroot Collective.

Reading though it I can't help noticing that although the Group Librarians are responsible for the operational management of all the libraries in the Borough they cop for just three of the fifty-two tasks listed and that two of those begin: "Investigate..."

Quite how Bronwyn cops for being responsible for "the display of stock on shelves in libraries" escapes me.

I get off Scot free: all my work is so utterly insignificant as far as Policy Team is concerned that it doesn't appear in the plan at all.

1 comment:

The Topiary Cow said...

Hilarious.

Well, Cow is always glad to be out of another insignificant policy paper.

Moo!