We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The land without music

T.Aldous surveys the wreckage that is our working environment.

"We've got far too much stock in boxes," he tells me.

I can only agree.

The flow of the conversation suggests that he's wondering whether or not it's possible to automate the Assistant Librarians. I decide to keep schtum: bringing Policy Team into the later Twentieth Century has been a goal that has defeated and dejected me, I've no great wish to take on the Enid Blyton element mongst the ALs.

2 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

I wanted so much for this library stocktaker to be none other than Aldous Huxley but, alas, have found that the celebrated author and LSD experimenter had no first name begining with "T". I'm sure the Brave New World author would have undoubtedly told you to automate the Assistant Librarians.

Kevin Musgrove said...

I think he'd have had the sense to give the Assistant Librarians a very wide berth!