We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not known for their anodyne fluffiness

Maybelle's organising an event for upstairs in the library next week. In an attempt at doing the right thing by elected members and raising our profile in the world she invited along a few councillors.

Councillor Mountebank rose gracefully to the occasion:

"Don't you know how busy I am? This is far too little notice. I can only assume that this is either poor management or an attempt at a deliberate snub to me."

Maybelle is well-behaved and mostly laid back. In her place I'd have replied that it was lousy resourcing of the service and that I was having to organise this in odd five minutes in between covering for posts that had been deleted or left unfilled to cover budget shortfalls within the council.

No comments: