We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Ideally-placed for kissing goodbye


"What time are you leaving?" T.Aldous asks Maisie. "I've got an urgent order that needs doing."

Maisie says something non-commital and sighes. Once himself has disappeared she confides:

"He's been doing that bloody urgent order all last week and had me hanging round at the end of every bloody day."

Well, those desks won't order themselves. At five to five Maisie comes bounding over.

"T.Aldous has asked me to check with you: there's no corporate IT support after five o'clock is there?"

"No, there's not."

"Good. The e-procurement system's down and I can't send any orders. Looks like I'll just have to go home. What a pity."

No comments: