We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ASBO pixies

They've started having lunchtime seminars at the Town Hall. Today's was "Is Helminthdale Part of 'Shameless' Britain? Media portrayal of our town."

I've been asked why I didn't go. I don't think my views would have been welcome: I think this town's got more than its fair share of thick-headed, backward-looking noddies and dunderheads. "Back in the old days" used to be OK relative to neighbouring towns but that was before Helminthdale got into the habit of never getting more than one-third of the way into a civic improvement programme before getting cold feet and running back to square one, only to find that they'd demolished it as part of phase one of the project.

No comments: