We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Should have gone to Specsavers

Betty's struggling with her screen today. I've noticed it a few times lately. On top of this she asks me if I can do something about the invoice receipt settings as the font seems to be getting smaller and fuzzier. Taking this not-remotely-subtle hint, I ask her when she last had an eye test.

Well, what a mistake!

Ten minutes later I'd been told repeatedly that she didn't need an eye test; that her mother was 87 when she died and had perfect eyesight; that they just try and sell you glasses; and that she didn't need an eye test.

I mention this to Noreen.

"Tell me about it. I've been having that conversation with her for the past eighteen months. She won't have it that she should have an eye test. She's waiting until she's sixty so that she can get a free one. I keep telling her that the council will pay for one, but she won't have it. I wouldn't mind if she didn't keep going on about it."

No comments: