We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Missing a point

Attending the staff meeting at Dutch Bend Library I was asked if I could change the settings on the circulation system so that they could reserve lost books. Just in case they turn up again some time. I made the obvious arguments:
  • That would do wonders for our reservation (hold) fill time performance figures.
  • What happens if the lost book doesn't turn up?
  • We underspend our bookfund by lots and lots of money, so why not order a new copy and reserve that?

So they asked me why I wouldn't do it then.

I'm not marching to the same tune as this library service.

3 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Sometimes apparently you just have to let them have what they want and let the chips fall where they may.

Perhaps (good thought) it might hasten some retirements.

Moo!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Unfortunately, most of the people asking were even younger than I am!

Anonymous said...

You're not dancing to the same tune as that Library Service? I think we discussed this sometime in the mid-nineties. :-) Your stickiness does you credit.