We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, September 29, 2008

How frequently erroneous are the views of men in regard to matters of moment

Norbert rings up from Roadkill Library. He's cock-a-hoop because he's passed his ECDL course and is now officially competent in IT in public libraries, despite his IT qualifications and work experience as a computer technician.

"Let's see what excuse they invent this time to keep me off the career progression path!"

It'll probably be the colour of his living room wall or something.

"By the way," he says, "has anyone from Dutch Bend told you that their PAC isn't working?"

"No..."

"Well, it isn't. The switch on the processor's broken but they wouldn't believe me."

I do, so I've reported it to computer maintenance. Then I rang Dutch Bend to tell them that their PAC's broken.

"How did you know?"

"I'm Systems Librarian. I saw it in my tea leaves."

No comments: