We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eyebrows, ears and arseholes

There's always some poor sod worse off than yourself...

The whole atmosphere here has been somewhat different since they put that spyware crap on the library assistants' computer without my knowledge. I found out about it from them and luckily it didn't land anyone into too much trouble before I got rid. This crap has to stop. As far as I know it has but I've been shunned at some levels for protesting about it in the first place. Just my opinion, but if you have a problem with an employee there are many other ways to go about handling it rather than just blatantly spying on them.

You can rely on library managers to do the wrong thing the world over.

4 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

They don't understand what "spyware" is? Good grief. I 'spose if you told them that the library system had been infiltrated by a "Trojan horse" they'd actually go wandering around looking for a 20 ft high wooden horse. Bloody classicists.

Kevin Musgrove said...

It's even worse when they're the ones putting the spyware on the system!!!

George Tarasuk said...

As an I.T. man by day I do some pretty outlandish things to our system. Despite IT's advice, the executive director always knows better. Pardon me, I need to show him how to press "print". Ta ta.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Hello sir m!
I think directors should be barred from printing as a matter of principle.