We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

We fill your larder up with sick

I'm girding my loins in preparation for starting to do Helminthdale Library's stock statistics. Foolishly, I ask Noreen:

"Whatever happened to those e-books we bought last year?"

"They're still in boxes in Doreen's office."

"You're kidding me."

"They're still deciding what to do about batteries and earphones. And Doreen wants Mary to buy some furniture for their display and Mary doesn't see why she should be buying Doreen's furniture."

"So we've got this brilliant new stuff that might appeal to young adults and we're doing jack all with it because it's in boxes in the librarian's office..."

"Along with all the classical music CDs and the Disney books."

I can see why the Acq. Team are getting sick of boxes of new stock hanging round for months or years on end.

No comments: