We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, April 14, 2008

How to catch a ferret with a banjo string

Up to my eyes in cleaning up after the latest madness I get a 'phone call from Doreen up in Lending.

"A customer's stuck a floppy disk in one of the PCs and can't get it out."

"Oh dear."

"Is there a way of getting it out?"

"Jiggle it around a bit with a pair of tweezers or some such."

"So you'll come up and sort it out then?"

"No."

"Ha ha."

"Seriously no."

"But I've not got a pair of tweezers."

"Neither have I. Use a scissor blade or something."

The follow-up came a little later:

"I nearly electrocuted myself with that floppy disk drive."

"You did turn the PC off first?"

"No, of course not!"

No comments: