We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We think our castles in the sand are the ramparts of the universe

Beryl's having a torrid time of it at Senebene, having re-opened for business with building works still in process on the disabled bogs after a couple of weeks. This is one of the customer transactions I overheard:

"I didn't know you were closed the other day."

"We had notices up for a month beforehand. And a sign in the window. And I gave you a bookmark telling you about it."

"Well I didn't know it was closed."

"Didn't you notice I'd stamped you out with a five week loan?"

"Yes, but I just assumed you'd made a mistake."

Beryl's customer care training's starting to wobble.

"The next bugger that says 'I didn't know you were closing' gets barred."

No comments: