We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, October 22, 2007

I wouldn't leave my little wooden leg for you

I'm not beyond surprise after all. Management Group has apparently decided that counter staff will be the point of delivery for the NHS Direct book-a-bed-ahead thingy. I do hope my sources have got the wrong end of a stick somewhere.

We won't commit to programmes of activities and events to deliver core library activities like reader development; family literacy; information literacy; or informal learning because of lack of staff time and training. But we will commit to this, which is a few orders of magnitude beyond the helping old ladies with their emails that I'm told staff aren't up to. Or, to put it another way, the managers who say their staff can't stock edit the cruddy old Mills & Boons without supervision are alleged to have volunteered them to help you book your hospital bed.

I must have walked through one of those bloody mirrors again.

No comments: