We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Tie your corsets with a rainbow

The staff newsletter has excited some comment. On page four is an article on some of the events Maybelle co-ordinated in July, including some pictures of the goings-on. Colleen, one of the library assistants upstairs, points to one of the photos and shouts over to Maybelle:

"Eee, Maybelle! Your tits look ace in that picture!"

Maybelle is suitably embarassed.

"What on earth are you supposed to say to that?" she asks later.

I had the good sense not to answer for once.

7 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

Did her tits look ace, though? If they did, I'm wishing that I were invited to more library-related events.

Kevin Musgrove said...

She looked good, but there's no correct answer to the question (it's even worse than "does my bum look big in this?") She's bigger, stronger and younger than me and is currently teaching her sons how to play rugby so self-preservation is the watchword.

Unknown said...

When I worked in the USA the comment made by Colleen would have counted as an "HR Violation" (HR = Human resources). Our 'Divesity' training required us to point out HR violations at the moment they occured to the offender.

Here in the UK I'm introducing the HR violation game where if you hear one, you shout 'HR Violation' then add a violation of your on directed at the originator... then someone has to do the same to you and it all spirals wonderfully out of control... ...avoiding awkward silences. Probably not appropriate for a library...

Kevin Musgrove said...

Wendy: that's brilliant! Don't you worry any, we'll have lots of fun with that one!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Yeah, sounds fun. In my job I'd welcome any form of distraction, but nobody wants to speak to this silly middle-aged foreigner in their midst. I'll be talking to myself by Christmas.

Kevin Musgrove said...

You mean you're not talking to yourself now? Slacker! (0:

Kevin Musgrove said...

It's a funny thing: I've just noticed that the Technorati tag for this post is "PVC clothing"

I'll never understand technology.