We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, June 15, 2009

The man who stopped bacon from stretching

A colleague despairs:

They were having problems with the 3G laptop on the mobile library, so they went into the nearest library to ring. Having had it pointed out that it would be much easier if we had laptop and phone in same place I got the return call.

The essence of this was that they could ring me, or use the laptop, but not both as both mobile phone and laptop had flat batteries and there was only one working power socket on the mobile.

"Well can you take the laptop into the library and plug it in there."
"But then I won't be able to reach the phone."
"Use the phone in the library."

I give up!

4 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

The joy of technology. And working with numpties.

Lavinia said...

I give up too Helmy. Let's give up together and make if official!

Kevin Musgrove said...

If it goes quiet on this blog I'll be checking the credentials of the Lucky Luciano Suite in the Hotel Nacional.

Pat said...

I can't even understand the question:)