We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

There ain't no use working so hard

Two libraries are closed for refurbishments: Helminthdale's shut for the rest of the month (I think) while we have carpets and shelving sorted; Catty's closed for the long run for a sequence of undisclosed refurbishments which probably involve the floor, the roof and the wall that's falling off the building.

I've been entirely unsuccessful in my attempts to persuade the corporate web team that this is information that should go on the library web pages. "You've provided too much information," I'm told in response to the one-hundred-and-twenty-eight-word piece of copy I try to include. I protest that customers need this information.

"The library web page isn't for information."

My mistake, then.

No comments: