We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Grasping the nettle

I've whined on about the business of waking up at your desk and finding out that you're the senior officer of the service and have no idea what the hell to do in an emergency so I won't do it again. It's happened again today, the emergency being a staffing issue. Now, I'll admit that I've no idea what it is I do these days but I'm very sure that it doesn't cover staffing the library. Unfortunately, half of management group are on leave and the remaining pair out a meetings (which circumstance never happens). We do the numbers and Mog decides that Julia must be around somewhere and resolves to beard her in her lair.

"Found her," says Mog, "she was at Dutch Bend."

"Oh yes. Job sorted?"

"What do you think?"

"Just out of curiosity, what was the official answer?"

"She said: 'It'll have to wait until T.Aldous is back.'"

No comments: