This isn't yet part of the operating realities of the Library Service, thank God! The IT Section has embraced the concept of hot-desking such that whenever you log onto a PC for the first time you have to:
- Reset your password. Your password must be at least eight character long; must contain at least one number and/or "special character;" and cannot be similar to any of the last twenty-one passwords you have used in the past.
- Create an Outlook profile for your email.
- Wait for your new Outlook Inbox to populate.
- Wait for your new Outlook Inbox to synchronise with I know not what.
- Map all the network drives you need to have access to (assuming that you carry around a note of the addresses of all the appropriate servers).
- Add any and all appropriate printers to both the PC and your profile.
- Install your printer password and password permissions in the appropriate printer properties so that you'll be able to actually print some of the things that you send to the printer.
- Get the Helpdesk to enable your Internet permissions on this PC.
- Set up the shortcuts for anything that isn't Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer.
- Set up the permissions to use any peripheral devices.
This council isn't big on productivity.