We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crikey chaps!

I was trying to explain Biggles to the ladies on the Escape Committee. I was doing OK with Ginger and Algy and they were going along with the idea of a World War One flying ace being an Interpol field agent in the 1960s. The wheels came off the wagon when I explained that Biggles often had to thwart the evil machinations of the German baddie Von Stroheim.

My protestations that this was either lazy coincidence or film crit. fell on deaf ears, but I'm damned if I'm going to go rummaging through the reserve stock just to prove myself wrong.

4 comments:

geraldgee said...

Didnt Biggles come back as Dick Barton?

--s said...

Dick Barton had the common touch that Biggles lacked.

Gadjo Dilo said...

Erich Von Stroheim, I seem to recall, was a most apallingly vain person, and so perhaps had it coming.

Macy said...

I liked it when Snoopy played Biggles myself.