We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, August 07, 2009

The darling of the Two Turtles

Despite our best attempts to thwart the inevitable, we have managed to get a few young people working at the front line. A few of them went out for a drink last night and were annoyed to have been ID'ed to show proof that they wereover 18.

"I mean: when I was under-age they never ID'ed me."

"Well if they had have done you wouldn't have bought all that drink off them."

"I'll tell you what pissed me off the other night. You'll never guess what. I got ID'ed for taking a 12 [certificate] DVD to the counter. Imagine that. I mean, it's bad enough getting ID'ed for drink. I said to him [cupping ample bosoms in her hands] 'Do these look twelve to you?'"

2 comments:

Affer said...

Marvellous reportage! With the cost of the UK 'Gov't' id card scheme being put at c.£5billion, I like the idea of substantial savings being available if young women show their norks......!
btw, I wonder if you clocked the report of id being required to buy spoons at ASDA (see http://nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com/2009/04/dangers-of-teaspoons.html).

Kevin Musgrove said...

Spoons are deadly objects, Affer!