We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Vanished

Wondering whether or not I had time to start doing some work on the subject indexing on the catalogue before I was likely to be taken to one side for a chat with Milton I find that the whole of Management Group has decamped en bloc to the Technical College at Dutch Bend for a Strategic Meeting. Leaving me as senior member of staff for the service and utterly ignorant of what to do in the case of an emergency.

If Acq. and Admin. don't co-ordinate things so that somebody's always available to answer T.Aldous' telephone for him there's hell to pay (particularly tricky seeing as there are just the five people in these two teams and one is deaf). But it's OK for the whole of Management Group to swan off unannounced for the afternoon.

Frog's reappearance takes some of the pressure off. Unlike me, he works most Saturdays so he knows what to do in the event of an emergency in the absence of Management Group. It turns out to be exactly the same as my plan: we don't know what to do so we'll just have to busk it.

No comments: