We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Time gentlemen please

I'm surprised to me Mabel Shufflewick here this morning.

"Shouldn't you be back home at Sheep City?" I ask.

"It's closed this week. And last."

"Is it? I didn't know."

"Neither did I until I read the paper a couple of weeks ago."

"Ah..."

"I was told to take it as leave but all my annual leave's booked up so I'm working over here while they're closed up."

"It's not just us then."

"Oh no. Mind you, I still won't be able to do a full day today because we're being locked out at four."

"Are we?"

Evidently so.

1 comment:

The Topiary Cow said...

If only, in fact, work did serve drinks.

This conversation then could help the proprietor turn a profit instead of being lost to bureaucratic archives.

Moo!