We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

A fistful of fun

I bump into Bronwyn, who is armed with a thick wodge of paperwork.

"See this?"

she asks, flourishing, amongst other things, a memo I wrote to Management Group last spring saying: "This is scheduled to happen in the autumn. We really should talk about what we need to do to make sure we're not shafted in the process."

"I've just been given this lot as the background notes for a meeting I'm going to at lunchtime. I've no idea what's been going on and I've no idea what I'm supposed to be doing about it."

"My God, they've made you a library manager without giving you the pay rise!"

Just for the record: I never did get any response from Management Group about that memo.

No comments: