We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

John Snagge's been on at me about my dishpan hands

Another salutary lesson in the generation gap.

Over the past six months we've actually started filling vacancies at the front line, which mean that having been one of the younger members of staff for the past decade and a half I'm suddenly hovering close to the median age. Which means that most of my cultural references are about seventy years too old for a lot of the people I'm dealing with. While you and I, dear reader, are comfortable with a world of Gibson Girls, Stanley Baldwin and cigarette card portraits of Henry Kendall some of these people are too young to have seen Timmy Mallett on "Wackaday."

Lucky buggers.

No comments: