We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, July 31, 2009

A very good starter kit for the youngsters

A missive from the Major:

"I’ve worked here for years and things still delight me. Down in the basement where I was checking on the installation of a new fire door (oh yes) I came across these wonders.


Classical urns
a flatbed cart with a lot of small, rectangular boxes

"That’s a cart loaded with house bricks which have been wrapped in brown paper and sealed with sticky tape. I wonder if your escape committee could make use of these props."

I quite envy them. We'd love to have a cart loaded with house bricks wrapped in brown paper.

11 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

It's probably a long lost Joseph Beuys piece. I have it on good authority he liked house bricks.

Lavinia said...

Look further, you may find the Lindbergh baby....

Affer said...

Might that be, in fact, Nazi gold.....perhaps even part of the Amber Room?

Dr Maroon said...

I had that goldbricking thought too. Only the English would hide it by wrapping it up in brown paper. They thought to post it to themselves but the postage is a ruination.

KAZ said...

Those 'wonders'.
I'm sure they sell them in B&Q.

emu said...

Isn't the Major still in the States? Is he smuggling English house bricks to the colonies?

Major D'Omo said...

As emu pointed out, the bricks and I are located at the J. Cheever Loophole Memorial Library and Sauna in fairest Sheboygan, North America. Definitely separated from Kevin by a body of water larger than the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. To my knowledge no-one English was involved in the wrapping of said Bricks. It is my earnest belief that the cart hasn't moved for the last three years at least.

Pat said...

It must be like working in the British Museum.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Once upon a time I worked in a museum. These rooms are far too tidy for a museum!

Frog said...

Are the bricks the foundations for the J. Cheever Loophole Memorial Library and Sauna in fairest Sheboygan, North America's visioning interactive whiteboard?
Howdy, Major D'Omo

Kevin Musgrove said...

The Grecian urns have an interactive whiteboard feel to them!