We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, July 06, 2009

I could shine my pennies or clean my lava lamp

Time was, if I heard that none of the printers anyway are working and that four public PCs in our libraries have been out of commission for more than I fortnight I'd have taken it personally and would have tried to jerry-rig some solution or other to keep the show on the road while we awaited a fix. Time was.

These days everything is so nailed down by the IT department that I couldn't sort out the problems if I tried. And given how much we're paying for the privelige I'm disinclined to even try. All I can do is try to establish the nature of the problem and then pass it over to the help desk and hope for the best, knowing that they're in pretty much the same position as me on their side of the fence.

No comments: