We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Morse code melodies

Jim's getting a bollocking off T.Aldous for all to see and hear in the middle of the open-plan office. He's taking it quite well really, though there were a couple of moments where I noticed his right hand balling up into a fist and the effort of will involved in unclenching and turning the movement into a discursive gesture. In the circumstances it's impossible not to hear the conversation.

"You had no right to do that. I needed to see what you were planning before anything like that could be done."

"But we went through it all in a Management Group meeting before Xmas and we agreed that that's what I should do. It's in the minutes, I'm not making it up."

"Well I don't remember agreeing to it."

"It's in the minutes. And I've been sending you weekly emails giving you and the rest of Management Group details of progress and asking for feedback."

"You should know by now that I only ever read emails with red exclamation marks on them. I'm far too busy for the others."

Jim didn't know that, of course. It'll be interesting to see what he does with the knowledge. Some of us have an archive of hundreds of emails giving T.Aldous exclusive knowledge of what we intend doing whether he like it or not, each one ending

"Please let me know if you wish any variation on this plan."

No comments: