We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Nature's wonders

Team work in action: Five librarians standing in a cluster having a gossip with a telephone ringing next to them. I deliberately let it go for more than the statutory three rings and pick it up on the sixth. It's a call for Mary, who's one of the five ignorant librarians and whose 'phone is through to an empty desk. I go over and say:

"Mary, call for you."

"Who is it?"

"Matilda Forbush."

"Who's Matilda Forbush? I don't know a Matilda Forbush."

"I don't know, I just took your call for you."

Mary always queries who the call's from, why they're calling and who is this person. Why she can't just take the bloody 'phone call is beyond me.

No comments: