We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, January 29, 2007

A fourpenny all-off always does for me

From the first of January we've dropped the charges on reserving books in our libraries. Except that it's so difficult to find out whether or not a decision is made in this council we've only today found out that the councillors have given the OK to this.

I could change the settings on the system tonight so's the new regime takes place tomorrow. Or on Wednesday night so's it takes place from 1st February. But no: Management Group has decided it takes effect from next Monday.

"How are they doing that?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not coming in Saturday night or Sunday to do it."

So the compromise is that I do it on Friday night at close of play. The delay is necessary so that a memo can be written, checked, corrected, printed and sent out to libraries. I wonder why the memo hasn't been drafted already given that this has been on the cards for months. Milton has a deeper question:

"Why don't they send everyone an email?"

He's new, he doesn't know how things work here yet.

No comments: