We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

For you, Tommy, the meeting is not over

Management Group's meeting this morning is at Gypsy Lane. I don't know why, nor do I care that much save that none of us know who's in charge in their absence (of the second-tier officers, Frog assumes responsibility, I'm happy to let him and Nancy hasn't been known to be responsible for anything much other than her cocoa).

Jim arrives back from the meeting a little flustered. He's due in to a meeting at 1 o'clock and had been trying to escape T.Aldous' clutches since twelve o'clock (T.Aldous only set off for the meeting at twenty to eleven).

"I kept trying to excuse myself but couldn't get out."

"You could have just left."

"No I couldn't: he'd parked across the driveway entrance so that none of us could get out."

No comments: