We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Is Dad's Army on?

The Acq. Team receive a 'phone call from Catty Library. Noreen's patience is tested...

"What do we get on standing order these days?"

"I've sent three copies of the standing order list to Catty Library in the past two weeks."

"I can't find it. Can you check for me?"

"What am I looking for?"

"The Minutes of The Annual Meeting of the Particular Brethren."

"I'll just check... ...No, that one's been cancelled."

"Cancelled?"

"Yes, the Reference Librarians finally came up with a list of the standing orders we needed to pass on to the new supplier and quite a few titles were dropped in the process so that we weren't vastly overspending that budget yet again."

"But Mrs. Feathergill comes in to read this every year without fail!"

No comments: