We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Unhand me, Colonel Brandyballs!

Seth and Alwyn have been issued with new walkie-talkies and, as suggested by the health & safety inspectors, we also have spares scattered strategically about the building so that people can be contacted in the event of an emergency or when the kettle's boiled. We're not sure of the coverage, though, so Seth's spent half an hour first thing testing them in different parts of the building.

I'd completely forgotten about this. And that one of the beasts was sitting on top of my in-tray. Imagine my surprise when a voice by my ear says:

"This is Funf speaking..."

It turns out that we share a frequency with the security guards in one of the big shops in the shopping centre. They think it's hilarious, which is probably why every so often you'll hear a voice from some distant part of the room saying:

"Luke, I am your father."

3 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Another fun thing is keying the mic and holding it very close to the toilet as you flush it.

Hee!

Moo!

Kevin Musgrove said...

No!!!!!!

You've given them ideas now.

Lavinia said...

I'm just crious as to what 'emergency' can possibly occur in a library? Seem to be under the impression they are fairly sedate places..