We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Grind

My turn to answer T.Aldous' 'phone.

"I'm just checking the insurance details for the model of Milkbeck Industrial Estate. Is there security in the shopping centre?"

"Yes, the shopping centre has 24-hour on-site security guards."

"Thank you."

Ten minutes later...

"I'm just checking the insurance details for the model of Milkbeck Industrial Estate."

"I know. We just spoke."

"Ah yes. Is the library alarmed?"

"Nervous about the future but not necessarily alarmed."

"Does it have a burglar alarm?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

Two minutes later...

"Has the burglar alarm got 24-hour response?"

"Yes, by the 24-hour security in the shopping centre."

"Thank you."

Uh? Who'd steal the bloody thing? And how???

I mention this to Seth.

"You'd have thought they'd have checked the security beforehand. I wonder what would have happened if I'd said no."

"I wish they had. Himself won't let me switch on the burglar alarm. Not since he cocked it up and we had to pay the call-out fee to get it reset."

No comments: