We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

As if by magic

"What the hell's that?" I ask Seth, pointing at a huge glass box in the reference library.

"It's Milkbeck Industrial Estate."

"All of it?"

"No, just a model."

"How on earth did you get it in here?"

"We brought it up the shopping centre's service lift, then through into the car park then through the fire exit and down the stairs. We were told we weren't allowed to up-end it but that was the only way it was getting through the fire exit."

I studied it at length for a minute or two, taking care not to lean on the box, seeing as it was on a couple of dodgy tables pending the arrival of some sort of plinth. For the life of me I can't work out where it is: there's a hill in one corner and a motorway in another but no other geographical indicators whatsoever.

I decide not to care.

No comments: