We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Bollocks

Typical. Close of play and just as I'm getting my coat on the 'phone rings. I was hoping somebody would be ringing back with some information I need on Monday. No such luck. It's someone from a call centre going through the script: "This is just a call about your free subscription to Computing Magazine. Please could you take a few minutes to answer a few questions so that we can renew your subscription..." And so it goes for half an hour, by the end of which I'm saying 'yes,' 'no' or Sans Fairy Anne at random, anything to get the damned thing over and done with. Of course I'm delighted to be getting home an hour later because I've missed my train.

I'm old enough to remember when annual subscription renewals took place once a year. And when reminders were sent by email with a link to an on-line form that you could do at your leisure when convenient and provide accurate answers.

If I get another 'phone call asking me to renew my annual subscription to Computing any time before Xmas I'm going to tell them what to do with their magazine.

No comments: