We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cascade management

I got a bollocking from T. Aldous Huxtable, our glorious leader, because I hadn't guessed that Management Team had raised the maximum fine for overdue library books and hadn't told anyone. At the time I was writing the section on the library service's policy on ICT provision for their report-back on the corporate action plan ("Scoring Points By Ticking Boxes," a thrilling yarn, soon to be a major motion picture). I had written "We have a policy vacuum where if you do things off your own bat you get it in the neck and if you wait to be told what to do you get it in the neck". In the circumstances I couldn't argue that I wasn't clairvoyant.