We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Monday, October 18, 2010

On the bleakest day Autumn could muster

Meeting in the Town Hall. Me, Milton, a few guys from the IT Department. Trying not to talk about the new Town Hall redevelopment. Trying to concentrate on part of a new network. I glance over and catch my reflection in a computer screen. I look round the table. It feels like five minutes ago that we were youngish, go-getting, can-do.

Just five minutes ago, surely?

I wonder who these old men are, quietly waiting for retirement or worse...

5 comments:

savannah said...

i'm hoping that this evening finds you in a less melancholy frame of mind, sugarpie! ;~D xoxoxox

Kevin Musgrove said...

Thanks savannah, you know I like to wallow in a bit of melancholy. :-)

Pearl said...

Oh, Kevin, that hits kinda close to home.

I, too, enjoy a bit of melancholy, but I'm off now to stare at myself in the mirror.

Pearl
p.s. No worries. I shall always love you. :-)

Pat said...

'old men'

Oh no! Not you!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Pearl and Pat: thank you ladies.