We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hope is the thing with feathers

A fairly awful sort of day. Not yet for me personally, for which I should be grateful, but some of the girls are upset by news of cuts within the service. At the moment these are proposed awfulnesses. They are not yet set in stone. But they are still very distressing.

I can see a tiny chink of hope. A teeny tiny chink of hope.

You know that feeling you get when you see a set table and you think you can just yank the tablecloth away and all will stay as set? Well that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

I shall sleep on it. Tomorrow I shall approach the ideas from a different direction and see if I get anything like the same answer.

There are days when I wish I had someone like me to talk to.

7 comments:

Britta said...

Dear Kevin,
I hope that too! And dear Emily D. is right - hope makes your heart a bit lighter

Macy said...

But you do have someone like you to talk to! Pat, Frog, De Farge and all the usual suspects, are all listening!!
Just as long as that chink of hope doesn't come from just joining the local branch of the conservative party....

Robert Swipe said...

Ah, Dickinson - what a poet!

(Does he still do that programme about antiques on the telly?)

xxx
Bob

Madame DeFarge said...

Macy is entirely right. We are here, some of us are in the dread public sector and have our own tablecloths.

There is a big announcement in another part of our place tomorrow and it will affect many of my chums. I know it will come to us, but until then, I am sleeping on it for Scotland.

And we are here.

Happy Frog and I said...

My thoughts are with you and your colleagues. It's getting very tough where I am but I'm trying to stay positive. That's really all you can do that is constructive.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Thank you and best wishes one and all.

(Bob - you caught me!)

Pat said...

Hang on to the chink.