We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

If the chocolate in the fountain tastes bitter it's because it's been laced with my tears

I've been tidying out some of the folders on my laptop. I look at the odd bits of workings-out; the reports and recommendations; the outline plans and sketches for things we could do and deliver and I feel an overwhelming sense of misuse of purpose.

Looking at the service development and achievements at work over the past five years I could have just as usefully spent my time sitting atop a Belisha beacon with a bottle of vodka in my hand, singing bawdy songs at passing policemen.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

if you switch the BElisha Beacon for a local graveyard, the drink to real ale, and the policeman to gravestones then I'd feel tempted to drop by for a pint sometime :-)

Happy Frog and I said...

I have had a similar ephiphany recently regarding the past 5 years. I shall be bringing a cheeky red wine to the proceedings if I may join you?

Madame DeFarge said...

Kevin, you have clearly been following my career with some close interest. Except I prefer bus shelters to Belisha beacons. Save people shouting 'You old Hore woman' at me.

zmkc said...

You forget the crucial element of spondoola - when pay day comes round, where is the money coming from for that vital accessory in a bottle, if you spend the preceding fortnight perched on a Belisha beacon?

Macy said...

Well yes... but...FIVE YEARS on a BELISHA???

Britta said...

Oh Kevin,
"You're my mate, and I will stand by you!" - or so they sing, and yes, I will sing with you, bottle of vodka in one hand, Frank S. Thorn and his bear on the other (did you have this vodka-advertisement in GB too?) So much time wasted - Sláinte!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Wendy: this sounds very inviting.

Happy Frog and you: oh dear. By all means join us.

Madame DeF: so that's a bus shelter near a graveyard by a zebra crossing...

zmkc: I can't help thinking that paying some of our managers to sit on a Belisha beacon would be a better use of the public purse.

Macy: it's no worse than bad digs in Alloa.

Britta: it looks like we have the nucleus for a party!