We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

All that we see and seem is but a dream within a dream

I have good days and bad days. This is one of the bad days when I'm convinced that I'm in the circle of Hell reserved for the arrogant and optimistic.

Nil desp.

Objectively, there are chinks of light. Slight and dim, to be sure, but there is scope for things not to be catastrophically awful. Primarily because we're cut so close to the bone anyway it's difficult to see how much more can be cut before the politicians take fright. Except they've taken fright already but still want the cuts. Don't try to work it out, it never makes sense.

I've a pile of stuff to do. The day job plus a bunch of pieces of work which may help set a few lifelines for people in train. It'll take a bit of energy and motivation, which I'm not convinced I've got, to get the job done. That's the energy and motivation I've spent the day using up fighting the urge to shout: "will you shut the fuck up!" at somebody.

We're all a little fraught at the moment and I admit I am no exception.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Stick with it honey. The cloud usually lifts eventually.

Britta said...

Wish you stamina!

savannah said...

i know the feeling, sugar! *sigh* xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I'm going to Reading central libaray tomorrow, to get a book and the stat's up, I'll smile at all the staff and treat them like hero's for you :-)

Kevin Musgrove said...

Thank you, yet again, one and all!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Public spending cuts? It's the same here: all public sector employees, including the wife, have had their wages cut by 25%. Best of luck, Kev.

Happy Frog and I said...

Fight the urge to say what you really think and concentrate on plan C version 0.4. Well, I hope it works for you, it is starting to work for me!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Much appreciated, Gadjo! Hope you're faring Ok in yourself.

Happy Frog & You: good luck with the beta version!