We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The well-tempered liver sausage

I bump into Ken Barmy on the way home. He is extremely grumpy, even by his standards.

"I've spent the day looking at the sunshine on the windows and thinking that I could have had the whole week off."

"Why didn't you?"

"I decided only to have a couple of days because there was a meeting that my managers insisted we had to be at and there's quite a lot of stuff needs doing."

"That's a pain."

"I'll say. Especially after the buggers changed the date of the meeting to the end of last week and didn't tell any of us."

4 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

I didn't realise that Mr Barmy was actually in gainful employment; and maybe, as far as Helminthdale library services goes, he is only the tip of the barmy iceberg.

Madame DeFarge said...

Sadly, a situation well know to many of us. Maybe his managers looked at the forecast and decided to have a couple of days off too.

Pat said...

The trouble with sunshine on the windows is it shows every little blemish and puts me - a northern lass - to shame:(

Kevin Musgrove said...

Gadjo: the poor devil works for the library service in Pardendale. The libraries of England are ridden with people like us.

Madame DeF: that is precisely the reason for it.

Pat: I have no shame whatsoever. And neither does Helminthdale Library.