We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Better read the label

We're having networked printer problems yet again. I send out an email to all staff to warn them and this is the result...

To: All staff
From: Kevin
Subject: printers
All the networked printers are offline at the moment so you won't be able to print anything. No sensible prediction of if/when they're going to be working.

To: Kevin
From: Catty Library
Subject: re: printers
Kevin,
The printers aren't working.
Hetty.

To: Catty Library
From: Kevin
Subject: re: re: printers
Hetty, I know: I told you.

To Kevin
From: Catty Library
Subject: re: re: re: printers
Kevin,
I know you did. I thought you'd want to know.
Hetty.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Tee hee.

Kevin, I don't know how you put up with your job, but I'm glad that you're sharing it.

Pat said...

Priceless and the names are so perfect.
PS Kevin my printer is at present working but recently it wasn't. I thought you'd like to know>

Ladybird World Mother said...

!! And very sensible too... important to tell people what they have told you, and then tell them again. Its what the government like to do. Lots.

Affer said...

Computers and e-mail were supposed to improve productivity. They haven't. By a factor of about minus 300. Is there ANYTHING one can say or do that doesn't provoke an avalanche of asinine e-mails?

The Topiary Cow said...

When email ceases to be free...

Only then will it be treated as valuable.

Moo!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Christine: only by sharing do I survive...

Pat: I'll get you at play time

Ladybird World Mum: this pretty much summarises the local government performance monitoring regime!

Affer: guaranteed: "I'm doing the big and nasty piece of work du jour. Does anyone have any ideas as to how it can be done quicker that they'd like to bring to the table?"

Ms. Cow: at some stage I need to do a post about the glossy brochure...