We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Ministry of Fear

We're sitting around the staff room over lunch when Mimsie Nettles pipes up:

"You know, I'm dead browned off. I don't know what's up with me lately. It's like all my self-confidence has drained out of me in the bath."

Of course, any of us could have told her that it's because she's working in a disorganised mess of a place with managers whose first and foremost priority is to keep everyone in their place by emphasising what they can't do instead of celebrating what they can. Ordinarily we would have, but T.Aldous was earwigging at the time.

A few minutes later he got Mimsie on her own and advised:

"I'm very concerned to hear that you're lacking in self-confidence. I'm telling you this as a friend: don't trust anybody."

No comments: