We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've got me tickling tackle and me nicky nacky noo

Dennis is working with us on a six-month work placement at Umpty Library. Any ideas he may have entertained about libraries being sedate, genteel places have been shot to bits by some of the customers.

"Donny!" shouts Mrs. Tumbleweed, "I'm trying to remember the name of that book I had the other week. I can't remember what it were called but it were about a lass as was taken up the jacksy by a sheikh. It were a Mills and Boon. I have to have them in the large print these days."

3 comments:

Expression and Confession said...

Hahaha!!! Very funny! Yes indeed- I find libraries to be the precise opposite as what one expects. I won't even mention what I witnessed in the doldrums of John Rylands that time. Ah well, nicky nacky noo!

Pat said...

Good Heavens! That's not the Mills and Boon I remember.

Nota Bene said...

That's sooooo wrong