We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nod

Not just me: just had lunch with a friend who tells me another story about Arthur Sixpence...

He's involved in a big project my friend's responsible for. Things were getting sticky and unpleasant so my friend needed to talk to Arthur in the hopes that he might actually do something he'd been assigned to do about nine months previously. Eventually the shit hit the fan and Arthur rang my friend:

"We need to have a meeting."

My friend dutifully toddles along, thinking dark thoughts along the lines of "about bloody time, too." He sits down.

"What's the problem?"

asks Arthur. My friend starts explaining the general situation, working from notes to make sure he's not forgotten anything. Two minutes into this he turns to Arthur and asks a question. No answer.

Arthur was fast asleep.

No comments: